Browsing CategoryTips & Trends 2020

Tips & Trends: Try to Stick Close and Dried Up

MaxineCadmanPhotography-BlueMermaid-211

Tip: Try to Stick Close. Taking off-site photos the day of your wedding isn’t a walk in the park, considering the extra time and other logistics. “I always advise against it,” says Linnea Tangorra, owner of Tangorra Wedding Planning, Newburyport, MA. She suggests if you have a spot you love that isn’t your wedding location, travel there for your engagement photos and save yourself added stress on your wedding day! Trend: Dried Up! Dried flowers are taking over at fall weddings! “We’re seeing everything from just an accent of some bunny tails to bleached wheat and dried leaves or ferns,”…

Tips & Trends: Take a Seat and Handyman Grooms

MOLLYANNEPHOTOGRAPHY-ERICA+CHRIS-776

Tip: Take a Seat. Using unconventional seating for your ceremony or reception can be fun, but it’s important you still have enough seats for everyone. “You don’t want 70 percent of your guests sitting and the other 30 percent standing around them,” cautions Nicole Mower of Nicole Mower Weddings and Events in Kittery, ME. On the other hand, incorporating different styles of chairs and benches can switch up the feel of the day. “It doesn’t have to be the traditional table and chair. Lounge furniture is a great way to create a relaxed feel,” continues Mower. Rick Taranto, owner of…

Tips & Trends: Be Yourself and Seeing Clearly

jamiemercuriophoto_wentworthlodge_capeelizabeth-0129

Tip: Be Yourself. Elizabeth Dirom, owner of Madeleine’s Daughter Bridal in Portsmouth, NH, reminds brides to remain true to their own unique style for their big day. “Your wedding day is all about who you are, and your dress should reflect that,” she notes. “This goes for hair and makeup as well. If you are someone who likes a glamorous day-to-day look, then have your hair and makeup reflect that style!” Trend: Seeing Clearly. Want to feel like you’re dining under the stars at your reception? Then consider renting a clear sailcloth tent. “They’re gorgeous, and you really feel like…

Tips & Trends: Create a Floral Wall and Custom Chocolates

KatelynMallett_GothicEditorial (2 of 4)

Tip: Create a Floral Wall. Hoping to “wow” your guests? Then a floral wall could be just the thing! “It personalizes the event beautifully,” says Nadra Edgerley, owner of Nadra Photography in Scarborough, ME. And it can be very versatile, according to Pat Cannon, owner, and Lisa Greene, master designer of Beach Plum Flower Shop in Newburyport, MA. “One large backdrop for the ceremony can be broken down into sections for the reception,” they explain. “One section can be used behind the cake table, another behind the sweetheart table, and yet another for the photo booth.” Trend: Custom Chocolates. Everyone…